GripTape is made with the same materials (but different pattern) as BladeTape.
This material can be used in many other areas such as the top or mid-stick grip, but the best area to use it to maximize its utility is on the "leading top and toe edges" of your blade.
When used on the leading edge of the blade this product is TipTape. The benefits of TipTape are:
- Protection of the leading edge of the stick from splintering
- Repels water and ice keeping the blade drier
This product can also be used at the top of the stick as a grip. When used in this way it is known as GripTape. The benefits of GripTape are:
- Strong grip so you can clutch the end of the stick better
- Ridges and rubber texture allow for a superior hold
- Ink does not bleed so it will not ruin gloves