The Reebok 4K JNR Hockey Shin Guards offer great value and protection Reebok has used the same shell design on this pad as their other pads. Reebok has done a great job at designing a knee and shin shell that effective disperses the energy from impacts. The arches in the shin help prevent a direct hit from a puck or slash making the player feel impacts less. The Reebok shin shell has a less tapered design moving down into the ankle area than some of the other manufacturers. This results in a slightly wider fit in the lower leg portion.
This pad features a removable knee donut liner. This is a soft distinctive blue liner that locks the knee into place. The liner does not run the length of the pad and has a break in the middle of the shin for air ventilation. This break features a mesh covered hole in the liner allowing air flow through the pad keep the temperature down.
Level of Play: Ideal for recreational to intermediate level of play
- JDP® knee cap
- Joint Discharge Principle (JDP) - Disperses the force of impact away from the knee joint
- JOFA® designed NHL shin cap - Uses a series of arches to give the pad maximum strength as well as preventing a direct impact and dispersing the energy from an impact
- Single layer of EVA between pad shell and liner
- Extended single density EVA foam calf wrap
- Removable liner
- Soft distinctive blue liner
- Knee donut
- Air exchange system
- 2 strap system
- Lock strap - 1.25" nylon strap that wraps around the leg just below the knee
- Bottom strap - Elastic "V" design wraps (3-point strap) around the calf securing the lower portion of the pad to the leg